The musings of a vintage lover, bride-to-be, and crafty minx....

Saturday 2 July 2011

brownies and doilies unite

This weeks misadventure features a Kodak Brownie, and a heap of vintage doilies!
I have been hunting for a vintage brownie to use as a prop for our wedding for months, without luck.  But this week, bizarrely, I stumbled across one in the main street of Somerset while I was supposed to be working!! Pays to keep your eyes open!! It was just sitting in a new little second-hand shop, amongst junk and clutter and general crap.  I was so excited, I made my bridesmaid Jess, who also happens to be my workmate, go and pick it up for me on her lunchbreak, as I couldn't wait for it any longer!!


***

On a completely different note, Jimmy had soccer in Launceston today, and he and a few of the boys are staying the night in Launceston to celebrate a mate's birthday, so today and tonight I am a soccer widow.  Perfect timing for me to begin some of the crafty projects I have had my eye on for some time now.  My newest obsession, Pintrest, has provided me with much inspiration for new projects!!
Operation Crafty Weekend project #1 completed- My friend Debbie and I went Vinnies shopping for vintage doilies for a couple of projects, the first of which is this table runner, made from vintage crocheted and lace doilies, hand stitched together by moi! This could be a cute wedding project!!



Currently in the throes of project #2


But what will it be? Stay tuned to find out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment