The musings of a vintage lover, bride-to-be, and crafty minx....

Saturday 9 July 2011

Wedding dresses and tea trolleys...........

I had an appointment at the beautiful StudioWhite on Friday night, and tried some amazing wedding gowns on.  Very excited to say that I found THE dress at last!! As soon as I had it on I loved it, but was a bit worried as it is a little bit different, and not particularly 'traditional', especially for somewhere like the place in which I live, but it is definitely me,and I adore it! Can't wait for the next 7 months to fly now!! Emily and Sharon at Studio White were so lovely, and so helpful, and even gave us the champagne treatment!

Jiminy had soccer in Launceston today, and I couldn't go as I had to work this morning, so while at work wondering whether I could have a nanny nap this afternoon, or if I should do some crafting, or some ironing (boo hiss), I suddenly decided that I should head over to Ulverstone and browse the antique shops, of which there are 4 in a tiny little town.  Emily at Studio White revealed a new treasure trove in Ulvy to me last night, and I was pretty keen to have a look. I ended up coming home 4 and a half hours later with my backseat folded down, and the car loaded up with an old wooden tea trolley, an antique frame, a vintage hatbox, and 4 vintage teacup trio sets.
Yes.
I am vintage-shopping obsessed. 



all styled up and currently residing in our spare room. That is, until I decide where it might look better and move it fifty times, before eventually moving it back into the spare room!!  This little baby will be at our wedding reception for sure! :)


****

This week, I got 2 special parcels in the mail (but stiiiiiiiiillllll waiting on my Cath Kidston order!! :( better be here monday, can't wait to have a nanny nap under my Cath quilt!!).  My first parcel contained a photo book I made on Snapfish of our beautiful 'Save The Date' photos by Megan Bourn Photography....


and the second lovely parcel was the sample pack of our 'Save The Date' postcards.  It's all becoming very real!!  I am making envelopes for our postcards from vintage book pages, and using little pretend airmail labels on the fronts.  Can't wait to get my full set!


Wishing you all lots of love, weddingy thoughts, and vintage shopping trips,
Em x

No comments:

Post a Comment