The musings of a vintage lover, bride-to-be, and crafty minx....

Thursday 7 July 2011

mirror mirror on the wall.........

This weeks misadventure?
A vintage mirror!! Not much to look at at the moment, but eventually, it will be our drinks menu sitting on the bar at our wedding. Think I'm crazy? Well, maybe just a little!


It's a mirror from an old dresser, and cost me$10.  The general idea for it's extreme makeover is this:


image courtesy of Martha Stewart Weddings

Currently wondering where I can find some large rub on letters to write 'Drinks' across the top!!


1 comment:

  1. Hello there,
    I had a thought that perhaps you could print your own letters onto inkjet decal paper. This lady has a tutorial here...

    http://justsomethingimade.com/2010/08/fun-with-decals-in-the-kitchen-free-pdf-images-and-giveaway/

    I'm sure you could follow the basic idea to make it bigger.
    All the best. I'm sure it will be a most gorgeous day.
    Kitty

    ReplyDelete