The musings of a vintage lover, bride-to-be, and crafty minx....

Monday 27 June 2011

Saving the Date....

After seeing an amazing 'Save The Date' postcard on Martha Stewart's wedding site, I had my heart set on a photoshoot with Jimmy and I holding vintage-styled gilt frames with 'save the date' and '11.02.12' in them... and then my brain began to tick...........I had already begun collecting teacups as flower vessels for our wedding, and thought this might be just the opportunity to bust out my creativity bone and style a vintage tea party styled shoot, along the lines of an english high tea.  Jimmy's parents are English, and all his family still live in England. Jimmy lived in England after he left college for 12 months, and came home to Australia to earn some money and move back to England with his aunt and uncle for good.  3 months after returning to Australia, he met me, and the rest, as they say, is history!! We have been together for 6 years, and we travelled to England last year together, spending a weekend in Paris where Jimmy proposed. I loved England, and although it sounds strange, it felt like home, and I dream of moving there to live for a few years.  Whilst there, my love affair with Cath Kidston began, and has been steadily growing ever since! 
So I figured that a high-tea photoshoot would be not only something that I would love, but in a way, pay homage to Jimmy's past and family. 
The lovely and amazing Megan Bourn from Megan Bourn Photography  agreed to photograph our shoot, and the end result was beyond my wildest dreams!!  I was so amazed at what Megan created out of Jimmy and I mucking about and being silly.  The photos turned out so beautifully, and she interpreted what must have seemed like crazy ideas into stunning images that I will treasure forever. I have designed postcards with several of the images, and will receive my samples in the mail on Wednesday!!Can't wait to get them!!
Here is a little sample of Megan's amazing and beautiful work....





1 comment:

  1. *sigh* - I love these photo's they are so dreamy and really show your love and personality. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete